Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chess Tactics

Here are two positions occurring from my online games. Can you find the best move for white? These are fairly easy, of the level 1700 USCF (which is roughly my level). I was white and I was hoping that I would win the minor piece, thanks to the pin against the queen. But I lost the game because my opponent (who was unrated) found the win. I made a note of the position. Then I found that he played so strongly, there was no defense. :


 (1)
1k6/1pp2p2/3b4/4q3/4n3/1PP1Q1P1/P2r3P/1KR4B b - -





The second game I played with the same (unrated) player. I lost that game too. He had too many  pawns. But to my consolation, I could play some good tactical moves. He is a strong player. I should have known when he insisted on taking black both these times. See if you can find the best continuation.

 (2)
r1q1k3/1p2p3/2p1Np2/1p4b1/Q7/8/5PP1/5RK1 w - -



 Please post your comments. This would contribute to my understanding of these positions and I might be able to beat him the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers